Send Additional Writing Sample? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
victortsoi

Bronze

Send Additional Writing Sample?

Post by victortsoi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:24 am

So I made a mistake (I think, although others have told me to chill out) and sent an edited (by the judge i was working with), short writing sample (judicial decision) to my two top choices for work post graduation. I then realized that I had a decent writing sample from a seminar that I just forgot about, or put on the backburner because maybe I thought the topic would be too controversial.

So now, I'm thinking of calling the recruiting department of the places that I sent my edited writing sample and asking if I could please send another one, "in addition", and have them add it to my file. Is this a bad idea? Feel like an idiot, really dont want to screw myself. Thanks.

Return to “Legal Employment”