I got Biglaw from T2 AND YOU CAN TOO Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

I got Biglaw from T2 AND YOU CAN TOO

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:37 am

This is really just a huge thanks to the TLS community. I am going to edit this in a few days when I have a free hour and give an in detail explanation of my experiences, strategy and advice to prosperity, but for right now I just want to say THANK YOU TLS! Thank you for the incredible information, the level of honesty, and the breadth of knowledge. I have been posting on this website since I began thinking about taking the LSAT back in 2011, and yesterday I landed a 160k a year job because of this website. So, more to come later, but if you are reading this, thank you.

WHJTMG178

New

Re: I got Biglaw from T2 AND YOU CAN TOO

Post by WHJTMG178 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:45 am

Last edited by WHJTMG178 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:47 am

WHJTMG178 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is really just a huge thanks to the TLS community. I am going to edit this in a few days when I have a free hour and give an in detail explanation of my experiences, strategy and advice to prosperity, but for right now I just want to say THANK YOU TLS! Thank you for the incredible information, the level of honesty, and the breadth of knowledge. I have been posting on this website since I began thinking about taking the LSAT back in 2011, and yesterday I landed a 160k a year job because of this website. So, more to come later, but if you are reading this, thank you.
Isn't the advice to finish in the top 5% and learn how to interview?
I am not even top 10%. It is all about the hustle.

WHJTMG178

New

Post by WHJTMG178 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:53 am

Last edited by WHJTMG178 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 am

WHJTMG178 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
WHJTMG178 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is really just a huge thanks to the TLS community. I am going to edit this in a few days when I have a free hour and give an in detail explanation of my experiences, strategy and advice to prosperity, but for right now I just want to say THANK YOU TLS! Thank you for the incredible information, the level of honesty, and the breadth of knowledge. I have been posting on this website since I began thinking about taking the LSAT back in 2011, and yesterday I landed a 160k a year job because of this website. So, more to come later, but if you are reading this, thank you.
Isn't the advice to finish in the top 5% and learn how to interview?
I am not even top 10%. It is all about the hustle.
Congrats! You really beat some crazy odds. Hope you also got the full scholarship.

80% scholarship -- but its manageable. Graduating with minimal debt and a killer job. I am a very happy woman right now. (the firm has a 100% offer rate)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

salix

New

Post by salix » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:08 am

Congratulations! Eagerly awaiting your story.

vinnnyvincenzo

Bronze

Post by vinnnyvincenzo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:14 am

nvm
Last edited by vinnnyvincenzo on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:15 am

care to share all relevant stats?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:care to share all relevant stats?
T2 school 60-75.
top 15%
LR

7 screeners from a diversity fair, 8 from OCI, 3 from mass mail (these 3 were 1. v100 and 2. v50 firms)

From Diversity fair (2 CBs); OCI (3 CBs); mass mail (3 CBs)

Currently sitting on offer from v50 from mass mail (MASS MAIL AND KEEP FOLLOWING UP!!!!)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
T2 school 60-75.
top 15%
LR

7 screeners from a diversity fair, 8 from OCI, 3 from mass mail (these 3 were 1. v100 and 2. v50 firms)

Currently sitting on offer from v50 from mass mail (MASS MAIL AND KEEP FOLLOWING UP!!!!)
Do you go to St. John's?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
T2 school 60-75.
top 15%
LR

Do you go to St. John's?
negative.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote: 80% scholarship -- but its manageable. Graduating with minimal debt and a killer job. I am a very happy woman right now. (the firm has a 100% offer rate)
TTIWWOP

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:35 am

Kronk wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: 80% scholarship -- but its manageable. Graduating with minimal debt and a killer job. I am a very happy woman right now. (the firm has a 100% offer rate)
TTIWWOP

unsure of what this acronym means.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am

I get that you're excited and all and I think that's great but I would take some issue with the "AND YOU CAN TOO" part if someone needs to be diverse, in the top 15%, and on Law Review to get big law from a school like that. Those qualifications just aren't an option for most schmos who attend T2s.

If the purpose of the thread is just to gloat, then that's fine, cool story. But if its a guide for other people to emulate, the vast majority simply won't be able to emulate you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:56 am

BigZuck wrote:I get that you're excited and all and I think that's great but I would take some issue with the "AND YOU CAN TOO" part if someone needs to be diverse, in the top 15%, and on Law Review to get big law from a school like that. Those qualifications just aren't an option for most schmos who attend T2s.

If the purpose of the thread is just to gloat, then that's fine, cool story. But if its a guide for other people to emulate, the vast majority simply won't be able to emulate you.
I agree. In addition... You have worked really hard and the following does not pertain to you abilities or skills but there might be an additional factor that most students do not have which allowed you to get big law job.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:58 am

I'm curious. So tag.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
BigZuck wrote:I get that you're excited and all and I think that's great but I would take some issue with the "AND YOU CAN TOO" part if someone needs to be diverse, in the top 15%, and on Law Review to get big law from a school like that. Those qualifications just aren't an option for most schmos who attend T2s.

I agree. In addition... You have worked really hard and the following does not pertain to you abilities or skills but there might be an additional factor that most students do not have which allowed you to get big law job.
Be careful there. You've suggested that her diverse background --> biglaw.....thin ice at best.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:05 pm

I'm at a lower T2 and just finished top 5%, practiced interviewing, and did just fine. Accepted an offer at a V20.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Be careful there. You've suggested that her diverse background --> biglaw.....thin ice at best.
Yeah I mean it was probably her breathtaking cleavage, not her diverse background.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm at a lower T2 and just finished top 5%, practiced interviewing, and did just fine. Accepted an offer at a V20.
Yeah I mean what's the big deal.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Kronk wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yeah I mean it was probably her breathtaking cleavage, not her diverse background.
I get the pushback to OP, but I always hate the implication that if a woman, say, exceeded expectations, it means she got hired because she was hot.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:27 pm

That was kind of the joke.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Kronk wrote:That was kind of the joke.
Ah, okay. Sorry, there are enough people here who say that seriously, I knee-jerked.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
T2 school 60-75.
top 15%
LR

could you expand on the "follow up" from mass mail? what did you send them? did you send another email to every firm that didn't get back to you after you send the initial MM?

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Post by WokeUpInACar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm at a lower T2 and just finished top 5%, practiced interviewing, and did just fine. Accepted an offer at a V20.
Yeah going to a t2 is no problem, just be top 5% guys! Seems like a lot of people who got biglaw from lower ranked schools just really want to say I TOLD YOU SO to TLS because they were told to retake and that their schools have shitty job prospects. See I really AM a special snowflake!!!

No one was ever denying that people in the top 5-15% with diversity/law review/etc have a decent shot at biglaw from those schools. Ranking that high in the class is fucking hard and requires quite a bit of luck. You gambled and got lucky, congratulations. That doesn't mean your decision to attend that school was the correct one.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”