DF Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
WhiskeynCoke

Bronze

Re: DF tells you why you struck out at OCI

Post by WhiskeynCoke » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:02 am

Liquox wrote:
WhiskeynCoke wrote:
The fact that you included these two statements together in the same post is just too much haha. Let me guess, K-JD with rich parents? Pasty-white, out of shape and can't get laid? No real friends? And no, the guys you sit around the library with bragging over who got the higher exam scores don't count.

I'd love to see you attempt to interact with other humans in a social setting... It must be a sight to see. I bet you're just beloved by all your classmates. By all means, continue your prestigeterbation. I'm sure going to the highest ranking everything and bragging to everyone about it will give you true fulfillment and some great, life-long friends who love you for who you are.

Also, you never addressed a single one of my substantive points. Presumably because you have no response. I guess that means I win. Also, I did much better on the LSAT than you bro. Obviously that means I'm a superior being, right?

Also you probably just outed yourself, idiot. I'm sure there's only so many insufferable douchebags who transfer out of U Chicago every year.
the words of a man/woman/hippie who has no other way of acknowledging his degree is unimpressive. again, your opinion doesn't matter until get a job outside of your home market, though :lol: at you thinking/wishing you might have better game than a harvard man.
Liberal interpretation of the word "man." My degree was plenty impressive enough to get me exactly the job I wanted and more. Also, that you had to mention the fact you attend Harvard in the context of arguing you've got solid game is just great. I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:10 am

Can y'all stop talking, forever

FKASunny

Gold

Post by FKASunny » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:50 am

beepboopbeep wrote:Can y'all stop talking, forever
Seriously. This cripple fight is ruining a good DF thread.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 am

Liquox wrote:
WhiskeynCoke wrote:
The fact that you included these two statements together in the same post is just too much haha. Let me guess, K-JD with rich parents? Pasty-white, out of shape and can't get laid? No real friends? And no, the guys you sit around the library with bragging over who got the higher exam scores don't count.

I'd love to see you attempt to interact with other humans in a social setting... It must be a sight to see. I bet you're just beloved by all your classmates. By all means, continue your prestigeterbation. I'm sure going to the highest ranking everything and bragging to everyone about it will give you true fulfillment and some great, life-long friends who love you for who you are.

Also, you never addressed a single one of my substantive points. Presumably because you have no response. I guess that means I win. Also, I did much better on the LSAT than you bro. Obviously that means I'm a superior being, right?

Also you probably just outed yourself, idiot. I'm sure there's only so many insufferable douchebags who transfer out of U Chicago every year.
the words of a man/woman/hippie who has no other way of acknowledging his degree is unimpressive. again, your opinion doesn't matter until get a job outside of your home market, though :lol: at you thinking/wishing you might have better game than a harvard man.
..you're terrible

as is anyone who brags online about their transfer up a slot or two on a commercial magazine survey and what jobs they got

notgreat

Silver

Post by notgreat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:16 am

jbagelboy wrote:
Liquox wrote:
WhiskeynCoke wrote:

..you're terrible

as is anyone who brags online about their transfer up a slot or two on a commercial magazine survey and what jobs they got
The bagel child is right. The insecurities of some of you guys are astounding. I can't fathom how bad your school yard buggerings must have been. I truly am sorry.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:25 am

lol talk about self-selection at UC
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:27 am

runinthefront wrote:lol talk about self-selection at UC
It's fine as long as they xfer out.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:34 am

Crowing wrote:
runinthefront wrote:lol talk about self-selection at UC
It's fine as long as they xfer out.
A delicate ecosystem

rickgrimes69

Silver

Post by rickgrimes69 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:50 am

Liquox seems like a reasonable and sane individual who is definitely not an insufferable douche in real life.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 am

rickgrimes69 wrote:Liquox seems like a reasonable and sane individual who is definitely not an insufferable douche in real life.
Your inferior degree is showing

I bet your diploma isn't even in Latin

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Transfers: never not being egregious weirdos

Post by BigZuck » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:59 am

Pretty sure Rick is just butthurt that he went to the Harvard of the South instead of actual Harvard

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:01 am

BigZuck wrote:Pretty sure Rick is just butthurt that he went to the Harvard of the South instead of actual Harvard
which "Harvard of the South" are we talking about here? I've heard of at least 3.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am

cusenation wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Pretty sure Rick is just butthurt that he went to the Harvard of the South instead of actual Harvard
which "Harvard of the South" are we talking about here? I've heard of at least 3.
Exactly

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am

So the third best law school of the South, aka Vandy?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:04 am

Crowing wrote:
emory or death.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:04 am

cusenation wrote:
thats a good Q I've heard Duke and Tulane both called the "harvard of the south" although tbf tulane and duke might b in diff souths

dwil770

Gold

Post by dwil770 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
patogordo wrote:Anytime someone says "I did X and it made me want to become a lawyer" I think "no it didn't"
What about "I talked to lawyers, liked what they did, and then went to law school." Is that reasonable?
"I wanted to make my ex gf regret breaking up with me and I'm good at standardized tests."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:07 am

Crowing wrote:
Lol, were 4th behind Samford

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:07 am

dwil770 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
patogordo wrote:Anytime someone says "I did X and it made me want to become a lawyer" I think "no it didn't"
What about "I talked to lawyers, liked what they did, and then went to law school." Is that reasonable?
"I wanted to make my ex gf regret breaking up with me and I'm good at standardized tests."
this is me exactly. i live for those "viewed your linkedin" hits.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:09 am

Liquox wrote:entitled fucks
Liquox wrote:not that it matter since my degree > your degree
It's weird that the same person wrote these two things.

As I've said before, there's a fairly high degree of randomness in the middle of the bell curve, and it's easier to tell that someone's done well than to tell that someone's done poorly. The difference between a 15th percentile exam and a 75th percentile exam is surprisingly small, and there's a degree of the randomness of subjectivity involved. On a different day, you might've gotten a different grade. So to say that a 3.4 at a T10 is of course qualified for Biglaw while a 3.2 is a hopeless retard is disingenuous.

And JFC at the whole "But I go to Harvard! thing. I thought we were better than that.

Desert Fox

Diamond

Post by Desert Fox » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:11 am

LOL at a transfer thinking they are really a havard student. Everyone, especially your classmates, know you don't belong.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:11 am

My school is like the UC San Diego of the South

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:13 am

A Duke student is still more of a "harvard man" (some lame spin on "oxford man"?) than some second year transfer to harvard's jd program

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 am

Desert Fox wrote:LOL at a transfer thinking they are really a havard student. Everyone, especially your classmates, know you don't belong.
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0#p7656069

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:19 am

patogordo wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:LOL at a transfer thinking they are really a havard student. Everyone, especially your classmates, know you don't belong.
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0#p7656069
Holy shit, dude.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”