Morgan Lewis Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
FSK

Platinum

Re: Morgan Lewis

Post by FSK » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am very sorry to derail, but how big of a problem is it to get drunk at social events? My impression is that when summers go out for dinner with associates it is fine to get drunk. I understand that was only part of why he might have been no offered. But I tend to drink a lot at social events. Would appreciate some guidance on what is appropriate.
Stop getting drunk at professional events, or with co-workers. Protip.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:23 am

flawschoolkid wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I am very sorry to derail, but how big of a problem is it to get drunk at social events? My impression is that when summers go out for dinner with associates it is fine to get drunk. I understand that was only part of why he might have been no offered. But I tend to drink a lot at social events. Would appreciate some guidance on what is appropriate.

IDC if the firm offers everyone and their Mom YOU SHOULD NOT BE GETTING HAMMERED. You are a young professional trying to earn a spot. If you forget that you deserve the negative ramifications that will follow.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:27 am

flawschoolkid wrote:
Aren't you a 2L?

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:
flawschoolkid wrote:
Aren't you a 2L?
Guilty as charged. Doesn't make what I've said less true ;). And good use of Anon.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calibleu

New

Post by calibleu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 pm

Anyone get an offer from MLB's DC office yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:57 pm

MLB gave offer to only one of the two SA in LA office this year

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:26 pm

I have several friends at Morgan Lewis NYC in their third year. Two have expressed concern about their jobs lately. I tried to sensitively inquire about it but could only get them to suggest a firmwide "trim the fat" measure seems on the horizon in the hope of synergy with Bingham.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm not sure that these Bingham rumors will amount to much. I know that there have been a few laterals from Bingham to MLB on the associate level, which gives me the feeling that MLB is cherry picking the top associates and leaving the rest of Bingham to find someone else to merge with. As someone said before, the leverage ratios for both firms would not work out well. Also, I don't think that absorbing another firm right now is part of vision for the firm going forward. Just my 2 cents from someone who has spoken to several associates at the NYC and Philly office and a group head leader.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:06 pm

So the merger agreement is official now? What should this mean to people with summer associate offers at MLB and other firms higher up the Vault chain?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:So the merger agreement is official now? What should this mean to people with summer associate offers at MLB and other firms higher up the Vault chain?
+1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”