Offer Rates at Regional Offices (Calling DF and crew) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Offer Rates at Regional Offices (Calling DF and crew)

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:09 pm

So have heard on here that you need to know that 100% offer rates are much less common at regional offices. Got a job offer this week from basically my dream firm in my dream market. It's a major national firm that is incredibly well respected. Nationwide in 2013 there offer rate was like 73/74. At the office I'm interviewing for it was 5/6. How would you read this? Is this a 100% offer rate firm but that associate was just loco? Or do you think the regional office(s) just don't have to play by the same rules as the other offices? Or like everything else in this process is there just no way to know? Other than asking the firm what the offer rate was for this past summer (that's okay, right?), is there anything else I can do? Gently broach the topic with an associate I meshed with?

Been on this site for a bit and actually really value the opinion of those that can on occasion be fairly abrupt.

PS there might be enough info here to guess the firm/market. Maybe we can just not play that game?

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Offer Rates at Regional Offices (Calling DF and crew)

Post by BigZuck » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm not DF and I'm not in his crew and I'm just a clueless 2L myself but I would proceed on the assumption that that one is an outlier unless you have more info. Or unless you can provide more info and specifically say what market/firm on the off chance someone here knows the deal first hand. But you don't want to do that and I don't blame you so I would just go ahead and accept and not look back.

Congrats on nailing down the dream firm, that's awesome

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:20 pm

BigZuck wrote:I'm not DF and I'm not in his crew and I'm just a clueless 2L myself but I would proceed on the assumption that that one is an outlier unless you have more info. Or unless you can provide more info and specifically say what market/firm on the off chance someone here knows the deal first hand. But you don't want to do that and I don't blame you so I would just go ahead and accept and not look back.

Congrats on nailing down the dream firm, that's awesome
Thanks. Debating taking that out of the title because all opinions are welcome and I don't want this turn turn into a massive is DF and company helpful or not helpful thread.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:24 pm

DF and whoever his crew is are super helpful, I don't think there is any debate there

Desert Fox

Diamond

DF Thread

Post by Desert Fox » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:10 pm

DF Thread

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”