Willkie v. White & Case Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which firm, given the factors below?

Willkie
82%
White & Case
18%

Total votes: 28

Anonymous User

Willkie v. White & Case

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:38 am

Sorry for making another of these threads, but hoping I could get more information on these factors:

1. Ideally I'd like to go back to California at some point. Does White & Case allow transfers between offices and how difficult is that to pull off for them? And would working at one make it easier to get exit options in CA? This isn't a necessary factor, but a preference.

2. Exit options in NY/in general.

3. Culture and work/life balance. I know all biglaw firms have the same horrible hours, but to the extent that there is a difference in terms of how junior associates are treated? Willkie is lauded for its outgoing and social culture, but I'm kind of an introvert and not sure how that would play into things. Don't get me wrong, it'd be great to have a friendly environment, but socializing 24/7 is a negative for me personally (though of course still better than getting yelled at).

4. Offer rates and stability. Willkie is pretty safe here, and I'm wondering if White & Case might still have issues.

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Willkie v. White & Case

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:16 pm

Appreciate the voting but it'd be great to know which factors specifically are better, etc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Just curious, what did you choose OP? I voted Wilkie fwiw. I don't have the opportunity to choose between them, but I did screeners at both and my prelim research made me much more interested in Wilkie.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Bump, still looking for rationale behind the voting
Anonymous User wrote:Just curious, what did you choose OP? I voted Wilkie fwiw. I don't have the opportunity to choose between them, but I did screeners at both and my prelim research made me much more interested in Wilkie.
Leaning toward Willkie but haven't chosen officially yet. What aspects of your prelim research in particular swayed you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump, still looking for rationale behind the voting
Anonymous User wrote:Just curious, what did you choose OP? I voted Wilkie fwiw. I don't have the opportunity to choose between them, but I did screeners at both and my prelim research made me much more interested in Wilkie.
Leaning toward Willkie but haven't chosen officially yet. What aspects of your prelim research in particular swayed you?
At first I was leaning towards White & Case bc I was all V20!!!! OMG!!! but I have heard such great things about Wilkie, both the people and the firm's work. It's one of AmLaw's Super Rich firms too, and has a much higher PPP and RPL (revenue per lawyer) than White & Case. Still sad about my ding lol.

I do think that White & Case might be a better choice if you are REALLY interested in international work. I'm not sure about transferring between offices re: California, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”