CB with same firm at 2 different offices Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB with same firm at 2 different offices

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:21 am

Got one through interviews on campus; got the other via mass mail.

I'm pretty sure that the neither office knows about the other (unless they have some universal recruiting database, which I guess is possible), but it is also a firm that didn't let students interview with multiple offices when they came on campus (I mean, you could say you were interested in multiple offices, but you could only do one interview).

Is there a risk here? Do I need to notify them that I am interviewing with another office? Both offices are satellite offices for a big firm (each office has ~60 attorneys). One of them is my top choice so I don't want to screw anything up. On the other hand, if it doesn't matter, then I'd rather not bring it up at all.

Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: CB with same firm at 2 different offices

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:55 am

You definitely risk getting ambushed in your interview with the other.

This happened to me with two very different regions. The recruiter asked me why I wanted to by in THIS city, and I sold my strong ties and desire etc to be here. Then she says something like, "So I understand you are interested in our CITY Y office too?" And I'm just like um yea...

Tried my best to mitigate it from then on, but I think the damage had really been done. Rejected.

OTOH, with another firm, I cancelled one of the CBs, and let the other office know I cancelled it. They seemed to really like this, and resulted in a quick offer.

filibuster

Bronze

Post by filibuster » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:55 am

Yeah. I think this also depends on how close, both in proximity and similarity, the two offices are. I would probably cancel one, though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:19 am

Thanks for the comments. I'm leaning toward canceling one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”