Dechert Philly ---> Callback:Offer Ratio? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Dechert Philly ---> Callback:Offer Ratio?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Just curious - can't find any info online. The Columbia chart is incomplete as well.

Plz. Thx.

Anonymous User

Re: Dechert Philly ---> Callback:Offer Ratio?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just curious - can't find any info online. The Columbia chart is incomplete as well.

Plz. Thx.
Isn't this inherently going to vary by school? Got CB --> offer from Penn fwiw, 2 day turn around.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just curious - can't find any info online. The Columbia chart is incomplete as well.

Plz. Thx.
Isn't this inherently going to vary by school? Got CB --> offer from Penn fwiw, 2 day turn around.
Did u accept?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Plz. Thx.
Did u accept?
Not yet, still have more CBs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Plz. Thx.
Did u accept?
Thoughts on the firm/location?

Sorry to play 21 questions with you, just curious

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Did u accept?
Thoughts on the firm/location?

Sorry to play 21 questions with you, just curious
By "location" do you mean Philly or the Cira Centre? Because Philly's an awesome city and the Cira Centre is incredibly easy to get to by like four different forms of public transportation, though it's not quite easily walkable if you live any farther east than, idk, City Hall.

I really liked everyone I met at Dechert. Very chill, very open. I get the sense that the hours are a little tougher than most Philly firms, though less than NY biglaw and maybe less brutal about the face time than MLB. They also seem to do the most national/international work of any Philly firm and work fairly heavily with their other offices.

That said, the insider ratings and reviews on Above the Law worry me a bit. If I were just going off my CB experience I think Dechert would be an easy choice for me, but there seems to be a high associate burnout rate and dissatisfaction with the culture, if ATL is to be believed. I'm still trying to find out how accurate that is.

genericblandacct

New

Post by genericblandacct » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:53 pm

if you have dechert philly questions feel free to PM me - i can elaborate on your Qs.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”