Cadwalader CB --> offer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:does anyone have insight into a CB with the litigation dept? Thoughts on the people you met with? Were they more or less formal than other white shoe nyc firms? (I had a CB with another white shoe firm and the attire was business casual and the interviewees were much more relaxed and casual than I expected). Thanks!


I had interviewers from both litigation and corporate, but everyone was really laid back and pretty dressed down, actually. I think it may be partly a concerted recent effort since they've been working to improve their image over the last few years. They were not one of the more formal firms I've visited and I really liked the people I met in litigation, to the point where I'm leaning toward going here even though I didn't think I wanted to pre-cb.



Thank you for this response -- this was exactly what I was hoping to hear. Do you mind sharing how quickly you received your offer after your CB?


2 days

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It looks like Cadwalader no offered a couple summers last year, according to NALP. Anyone have any idea whether it was due to performance or if they just oversubscribed or something?


Do you mean 2013 summers? Or 2014. To my knowledge 2014 was 100%.


Yeah, sorry, was unclear. I meant the 2013 class. Glad it didn't happen this year, but I'm not sure if it was an anomaly


They are committed to 100% offers. You really have to screw something up.


Curious from where you heard this. I am currently considering an offer from them and one thing that concerns me is the two no offers in 2013. Although, I know they had 100% offers in 2012 and I believe 2011. Anon that said you heard 2014 was 100%, would you mind telling us where you heard this?

To contribute to the thread: my CB was in late August and offer came 2-3 days later.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Source is myself to some extent. Stayed close with recruiting after I started work there. Definitely changing the image of the firm from within and the new chairman and firm managing partner are really good for the firm. Firm paid for a big McKinsey study that's being implemented.

Not trying to sway. Take a second visit if you need too. Too big of a decision to rush it or be swayed by Internet commenters.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Source is myself to some extent. Stayed close with recruiting after I started work there. Definitely changing the image of the firm from within and the new chairman and firm managing partner are really good for the firm. Firm paid for a big McKinsey study that's being implemented.

Not trying to sway. Take a second visit if you need too. Too big of a decision to rush it or be swayed by Internet commenters.


Thank you! Yeah, I was certainly impressed by the new leadership. I am also interested in derivatives and securitization.

Do you know what caused the no offers in 2013? Do you know what the offer rate was for the 2014 summer associates?

Sorry for all of the questions!

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Source is myself to some extent. Stayed close with recruiting after I started work there. Definitely changing the image of the firm from within and the new chairman and firm managing partner are really good for the firm. Firm paid for a big McKinsey study that's being implemented.

Not trying to sway. Take a second visit if you need too. Too big of a decision to rush it or be swayed by Internet commenters.


Thank you! Yeah, I was certainly impressed by the new leadership. I am also interested in derivatives and securitization.

Do you know what caused the no offers in 2013? Do you know what the offer rate was for the 2014 summer associates?

Sorry for all of the questions!


Securitization is basically a huge deal. Unsure on 2013 but like I said, it was for a reason, undoubtedly. They have a smaller class than other firms because they want to be sure there is a spot for everyone so if you are human you should be okay.

2014 was 100% as far as I know, including dc and Charlotte. You can always talk to recruiting. They'll tell you as it's a fair question.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:51 pm

CB to offer ratio? upwards of 50%?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:03 pm

any idea what day of the week their hiring committee meets?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:31 pm

think it's tuesday, but not sure. how long have you been waiting?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Just had my CB today.. Was just curious. I really loved 3/4 of the people that I met with. Do they make calls Tues or wed?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just had my CB today.. Was just curious. I really loved 3/4 of the people that I met with. Do they make calls Tues or wed?


depends, ny/charlotte/dc?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just had my CB today.. Was just curious. I really loved 3/4 of the people that I met with. Do they make calls Tues or wed?


depends, ny/charlotte/dc?



NYC.. i am getting worried that their class is already full

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Source is myself to some extent. Stayed close with recruiting after I started work there. Definitely changing the image of the firm from within and the new chairman and firm managing partner are really good for the firm. Firm paid for a big McKinsey study that's being implemented.

Not trying to sway. Take a second visit if you need too. Too big of a decision to rush it or be swayed by Internet commenters.



The ppl I met with today all mentioned this study and how impressed they were with the leadership for taking the initiative to implement these larger changes. I don't think they were bsing me either. One associate mentioned how ppl responding very well to the eradication of the billable hours requirement. Overall, the vibe I got today was smart, hard working people who are dedicated to what they do, but also care about having a life outside of law.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:55 am

hopefully we all get good news today. also had a very recent callback and I know their offer dinner is tonight (NY)

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:02 am

Would it be crazy to think offers could come today from yesterday's cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:12 am

No, they did say they were moving faster. I really think they would want to get them out so they could sway us with the offer dinner.
And for those who were worried about their class already being full- I know a lot of people who have rejected them already and some who all but have chosen other firms. They definitely will be giving offers to those with later callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:15 am

You think we could get an offer today and bet invited to tonight's offer dinner? Wow did not consider that option. Idk I think less than 24 hrs would be a very fast turnaround but I loved the attorneys that I met with. Would be so pumped to get an offer. Recruiting told you they were moving fatser?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:You think we could get an offer today and bet invited to tonight's offer dinner? Wow did not consider that option. Idk I think less than 24 hrs would be a very fast turnaround but I loved the attorneys that I met with. Would be so pumped to get an offer. Recruiting told you they were moving fatser?


Hopeful for that. Not recruiting but the partner I met with did.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:15 am

I think offers today from yesterday's cb us wishful thinking. Plus never heard of same day invitations to offer dinners

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:52 pm

recruiting said there is no time frame as to when we will hear back

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Any offers today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:16 pm

I was the one who interviewed late last week. nothing on my end today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Damn... wondering if they are going to wait and see how many accept from the dinner

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:41 am

Hoping for some good news today. To the guy that interviewed Monday -- how do you think it went? I felt very confident about 3/4 of the people that I spoke with. Unsure how that third person (who i really did not click with will effect my chances :/ )

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hoping for some good news today. To the guy that interviewed Monday -- how do you think it went? I felt very confident about 3/4 of the people that I spoke with. Unsure how that third person (who i really did not click with will effect my chances :/ )


Felt great about two of them and strongly about one other. My fourth was good but nothing crazy. Loved the firm though and really want to get this offer. Still nothing on my end though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309303
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cadwalader CB --> offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hoping for some good news today. To the guy that interviewed Monday -- how do you think it went? I felt very confident about 3/4 of the people that I spoke with. Unsure how that third person (who i really did not click with will effect my chances :/ )


Felt great about two of them and strongly about one other. My fourth was good but nothing crazy. Loved the firm though and really want to get this offer. Still nothing on my end though.



Hopefully by Friday. After reading through this thread there doesn't seem to be a designated "day". (such as Milbank is known for giving many offers on Thursday).



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.