Handling a CB without knowing your interviewers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Handling a CB without knowing your interviewers

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:30 pm

I have a CB in NY tomorrow at a large firm. My plane lands early in the morning and my CB begins at noon. The recruiter was supposed to email me the names of those who would be interviewing me (4 or 5 attorneys). She never did though. I sent her an email this afternoon requesting the names but haven't heard anything.

I only have a few CBs so this is a big deal to me and I want to nail it. However, I feel like I am going in kind of blind now. No clue if I will be interviewing w/ partners/associates, litigators/transactional/ etc.

Any tips on how to approach this?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Handling a CB without knowing your interviewers

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:33 pm

There's a good chance you will get that email soon. But even if you don't, not knowing allows you to ask them the standard question about their practice and should pave the way for a good conversation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a CB in NY tomorrow at a large firm. My plane lands early in the morning and my CB begins at noon. The recruiter was supposed to email me the names of those who would be interviewing me (4 or 5 attorneys). She never did though. I sent her an email this afternoon requesting the names but haven't heard anything.

I only have a few CBs so this is a big deal to me and I want to nail it. However, I feel like I am going in kind of blind now. No clue if I will be interviewing w/ partners/associates, litigators/transactional/ etc.

Any tips on how to approach this?
This literally just happened to me. Got the schedule the night before. Didn't have time to look at it.

If you don't get the schedule, I think it's better. More room for questions = more room for them to talk about themselves

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:27 pm

I wish all interviews you didn't get a schedule. Allows u to relax and just show up and be charming

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:30 pm

I honestly have no idea whether the people i interview on CBs know my name ahead of time or not, so i wouldn't even think twice about them asking quesitons about me

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:33 pm

I got mine at like 7 pm the night before, after I had already gotten to the hotel and everything. Had to use the hotel "business center" (One working computer with a touchpad mouse) to figure outt who was who, so you still may get it, and if you don't, try not to worry about it.

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got mine at like 7 pm the night before, after I had already gotten to the hotel and everything. Had to use the hotel "business center" (One working computer with a touchpad mouse) to figure outt who was who, so you still may get it, and if you don't, try not to worry about it.
Lolwut. You don't have a phone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:35 pm

ymmv wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got mine at like 7 pm the night before, after I had already gotten to the hotel and everything. Had to use the hotel "business center" (One working computer with a touchpad mouse) to figure outt who was who, so you still may get it, and if you don't, try not to worry about it.

I like printing shit out.

Also, I'm not trying to do actual research on my shitty phone.

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ymmv wrote:

I like printing shit out.

Also, I'm not trying to do actual research on my shitty phone.
To each their own. I usually research everything on my phone or tablet and jot down a few lines about each interviewer on a note app to review on the way to the firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 pm

OP here...just got it.

But after reading this thread, maybe I would have been better off without the info. haha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”