Canceling CBs before accepting an offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
arnoldpalmer36

New

Canceling CBs before accepting an offer?

Post by arnoldpalmer36 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Received an offer from a firm I really like, and would like to cancel some callbacks I have coming up with firms I wouldn't take over this offer. This would save me time, the firms time, and hopefully help some of my classmates out. But I haven't accepted this firm's offer yet (I'm still waiting on a few others), and it seems odd to say "I received another offer so I would like to cancel my callback" because it basically sounds like I'm saying "Even though this current offer isn't good enough for me to accept outright, it's still better than what I could get at your firm." Should I still cancel these callbacks, or would it come across as really rude to do until I actually accept an offer? Thanks!

playpowerball

New

Re: Canceling CBs before accepting an offer?

Post by playpowerball » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:25 pm

arnoldpalmer36 wrote:Received an offer from a firm I really like, and would like to cancel some callbacks I have coming up with firms I wouldn't take over this offer. This would save me time, the firms time, and hopefully help some of my classmates out. But I haven't accepted this firm's offer yet (I'm still waiting on a few others), and it seems odd to say "I received another offer so I would like to cancel my callback" because it basically sounds like I'm saying "Even though this current offer isn't good enough for me to accept outright, it's still better than what I could get at your firm." Should I still cancel these callbacks, or would it come across as really rude to do until I actually accept an offer? Thanks!
I dont really see any issue with saying this, its not like the firm is going to know that your current offer isnt good enough to accept outright

Pikappraider

Gold

Re: Canceling CBs before accepting an offer?

Post by Pikappraider » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Yeah just say it. Don't waste your time, the firms, and take a spot away from someone who is probably dying for a callback there. Grats on the offer btw!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”