Thank You Letter after Summer Internship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TopBanana

New

Thank You Letter after Summer Internship

Post by TopBanana » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:17 pm

I just wrapped up my 2L summer paid summer internship. Send a thank you letter or not?

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Re: Thank You Letter after Summer Internship

Post by BlakcMajikc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 am

TopBanana wrote:I just wrapped up my 2L summer paid summer internship. Send a thank you letter or not?
You can, but just to attorneys that you have been working with. Can just be a simple note and a "I will keep in touch" type of thing. I went with a brief email to each lawyer who I worked with, then to my mentors I also sent update emails at the end of each semester.

Skool

Silver

Post by Skool » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:06 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
TopBanana wrote:I just wrapped up my 2L summer paid summer internship. Send a thank you letter or not?
You can, but just to attorneys that you have been working with. Can just be a simple note and a "I will keep in touch" type of thing. I went with a brief email to each lawyer who I worked with, then to my mentors I also sent update emails at the end of each semester.
Why not just send an office/department wide email thanking everyone for making you feel welcome, etc. include your contact info in case people want to be in touch, then stop by individual offices to shake hands. Pretty standard for departing interns at my job.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Skool wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:
Why not just send an office/department wide email thanking everyone for making you feel welcome, etc. include your contact info in case people want to be in touch, then stop by individual offices to shake hands. Pretty standard for departing interns at my job.
Because those are unbelievably forgettable.

Again, depends on the size of the office, but something personal to your actual co-workers/mentor/supervisor is better.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”