Bilingual Interviews Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
EZ as AsDf

New

Bilingual Interviews

Post by EZ as AsDf » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Hello everyone:

To what extent has your Spanish been tested in your interview with the District Attorney or Public Defender's office? Also, how often have you been consulted for your ability to speak Spanish during your job?

Many thanks to those of you who reply!

Anonymous User

Re: Bilingual Interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:27 pm

EZ as AsDf wrote:Hello everyone:

To what extent has your Spanish been tested in your interview with the District Attorney or Public Defender's office? Also, how often have you been consulted for your ability to speak Spanish during your job?

Many thanks to those of you who reply!
I don't speak Spanish, but I'm a PD, and many of my colleagues have those language skills. My understanding is that at our (large, nationally-known) office, if you say that you speak Spanish, you will have a 20-30 minute interview conducted entirely in Spanish at some point during the interview process, including hypos and mock client conversations. The Spanish speakers in our office represent Spanish speaking clients on a daily basis, since we try to match clients with lawyers who speak their language.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”