Where I got no offered Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Where I got no offered

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard of any firms rescinding offers for summers who vanished into Neverland for like 7 weeks after the summer?
wha???

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:39 pm

Baker & McKenzie Dallas no-offered at least 2 summer associates both this summer and last summer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:59 pm

Vault says A&P offered 34/36 SAs in 2013, anyone know which office(s)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sullivan & Cromwell (NY) cold-offered a good friend of mine this year.
What did they do, in general terms.
S&C, or the friend? S&C apparently said something along the lines of, you can return, but you should consider other options. Friend is shell-shocked and unclear on what exactly happened/caused the problems, and also still contemplating accepting the cold offer. I don't work at S&C, so I've had no experience working with said friend and haven't heard anything from their coworkers that would explain things. Friend is a sociable person, especially by S&C's rather low standards for personality/"fit". I am very surprised.
Did your friend get an offer letter? If you get cold offered, does the firm still hand you an offer letter?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Vault says A&P offered 34/36 SAs in 2013, anyone know which office(s)?
I'm pretty sure (75%+) it was the 2 summers in the Denver office, but I'm not sure the reason(s).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sullivan & Cromwell (NY) cold-offered a good friend of mine this year.
What did they do, in general terms.
S&C, or the friend? S&C apparently said something along the lines of, you can return, but you should consider other options. Friend is shell-shocked and unclear on what exactly happened/caused the problems, and also still contemplating accepting the cold offer. I don't work at S&C, so I've had no experience working with said friend and haven't heard anything from their coworkers that would explain things. Friend is a sociable person, especially by S&C's rather low standards for personality/"fit". I am very surprised.
Did your friend get an offer letter? If you get cold offered, does the firm still hand you an offer letter?
Not OP, but my cold offers have sent me a separate offer letter.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Vault says A&P offered 34/36 SAs in 2013, anyone know which office(s)?
I'm pretty sure (75%+) it was the 2 summers in the Denver office, but I'm not sure the reason(s).
At least one was in D.C. Reason given was work product (e.g. not turning assignments in on time).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
At least one was in D.C. Reason given was work product (e.g. not turning assignments in on time).
If they just straight up ignored deadlines, they probably would have been no offered at any firm. The summer is a test of whether the people can tolerate working with somebody. Reliability is one of the most important aspects of this. From a social viewpoint, I almost think that not being a good researcher or writer is much more likely to be forgiven than not caring about others. If the associate has to redo your work because it's bad, many people won't give you a bad review if they think you tried. If you simply make them work more because you seem to not care, some people will be really pissed. My office was 100%, but nobody there was self absorbed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”