Callback Format/Etiquette

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Format/Etiquette

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:27 pm

I just had a callback with a New York V20, and have a few questions after having gone through the process.

I had four 30 min. interviews, then lunch. Is that fairly standard across New York?

Two associates took me out to lunch, which was great. None of us were sure what to do afterward, though, as in if I was free to leave or if I should check in with the firm/recruiting again before leaving. I left straight from the restaurant and they said they'd email me if any results came out. Do you always check back in? Do people mostly leave straight from the restaurant?

Is it usually two partners and two associates?

I realize this is firm dependent, but do you need the full support of all your interviewers to get an offer? One of the four wasn't bad at all but more of a lukewarm interview than the others, is why I ask.

Thanks!

shock259

Gold

Re: Callback Format/Etiquette

Postby shock259 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:00 pm

All of this sounds standard fare.

Sometimes you check back in with recruiting after lunch and they ask you if you have any questions and give you a timeline. Other times you don't and just go on your separate way. Doesn't really matter, does it?

The ratio of partners to associates varies based on firm and availability. But you'll usually have at least 1 of each.

Every firm has a very different hiring process, so there's no way to answer whether or not you need the "full" support of all 4 of your interviewers to get hired. And it would probably depend quite a bit on who didn't like you (partner versus associate). But absent egregious conduct, you probably don't know who liked you and who didn't. So no sense thinking about it.

Good luck!

Anonymous User

Re: Callback Format/Etiquette

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:43 pm

shock259 wrote:All of this sounds standard fare.

Sometimes you check back in with recruiting after lunch and they ask you if you have any questions and give you a timeline. Other times you don't and just go on your separate way. Doesn't really matter, does it?

The ratio of partners to associates varies based on firm and availability. But you'll usually have at least 1 of each.

Every firm has a very different hiring process, so there's no way to answer whether or not you need the "full" support of all 4 of your interviewers to get hired. And it would probably depend quite a bit on who didn't like you (partner versus associate). But absent egregious conduct, you probably don't know who liked you and who didn't. So no sense thinking about it.

Good luck!

This was really helpful, thank you!

Return to ‚ÄúLegal Employment‚Ä?