Address Thank You/Update to Two People?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Address Thank You/Update to Two People?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:33 am

I really want to send an update after a screener I did last week

If I jived really well with one interviewer, when there were two interviewers, should I write an email sent to both? Or should I send it to only the one? I don't want to other to seem slighted. At the same time, if I wrote separate emails, I wouldn't want them to be identical, and I didn't really engage as much with the second guy.

What do?

iliketurtles123

Bronze

Re: Address Thank You/Update to Two People?

Postby iliketurtles123 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:I really want to send an update after a screener I did last week

If I jived really well with one interviewer, when there were two interviewers, should I write an email sent to both? Or should I send it to only the one? I don't want to other to seem slighted. At the same time, if I wrote separate emails, I wouldn't want them to be identical, and I didn't really engage as much with the second guy.

What do?

Lol it would be pretty stupid IMO to send it to one interviewer only.

To answer your question.. send to both or none

Chrstgtr

Bronze

Postby Chrstgtr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:47 am

iliketurtles123 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I really want to send an update after a screener I did last week

What do?

Lol it would be pretty stupid IMO to send it to one interviewer only.

And rude.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:56 am

is it inappropriate to just send one email to both, like: Dear John and Mike, blablabla

Chrstgtr

Bronze

Postby Chrstgtr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:is it inappropriate to just send one email to both, like: Dear John and Mike, blablabla

No.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:19 am

Send to both because you never know how they perceived the interview. I was in a similar situation and sent two thank you notes just in case. Surprisingly the lukewarm interviewer was the one to recommend me to the hiring partner.

Return to “Legal Employment�