Somebody clarify OCI location

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Somebody clarify OCI location

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:38 am

What is this talk I hear about OCI interviews happening at hotels?? My locations just say room #s....that does mean..AT my school...correct?

fanlinxun

Bronze

Re: Somebody clarify OCI location

Postby fanlinxun » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:55 am

I doubt anyone here can confirm your OCI location, but a quick call to career services might do the trick.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:18 am

The above is completely correct, but: large elite schools with a gazillion employers coming to OCI, and also a lot of out-of-state employers flying in to interview, use hotels because they couldn't fit all the employers into the school space and they have hospitality suites and so on. Schools with, let's say, less robust OCIs (like mine where all the employers were local in a small market) can hold them on campus because the pool is smaller (and then no one has to pay for hotels).

Yardbird

Silver

Postby Yardbird » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:40 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:The above is completely correct, but: large elite schools with a gazillion employers coming to OCI, and also a lot of out-of-state employers flying in to interview, use hotels because they couldn't fit all the employers into the school space and they have hospitality suites and so on. Schools with, let's say, less robust OCIs (like mine where all the employers were local in a small market) can hold them on campus because the pool is smaller (and then no one has to pay for hotels).
A lot of the "elite" schools as you put it actually have designated interview rooms on campus. Most T14 do recruiting on campus. Some T30ish schools do them in hotels because their facilities aren't conducive to interview at

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:36 am

shadowofjazz wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:The above is completely correct, but: large elite schools with a gazillion employers coming to OCI, and also a lot of out-of-state employers flying in to interview, use hotels because they couldn't fit all the employers into the school space and they have hospitality suites and so on. Schools with, let's say, less robust OCIs (like mine where all the employers were local in a small market) can hold them on campus because the pool is smaller (and then no one has to pay for hotels).
A lot of the "elite" schools as you put it actually have designated interview rooms on campus. Most T14 do recruiting on campus. Some T30ish schools do them in hotels because their facilities aren't conducive to interview at

Okay, some schools of whatever variety hold their OCI in hotels rather than on-campus. OP, I think if the location were off-campus you'd have been told that directly.

soj

Platinum

Postby soj » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:38 am

do you seriously expect someone to tell you when you're anon and you haven't revealed your school? ask ocs

Chrstgtr

Bronze

Postby Chrstgtr » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:40 am

soj wrote:do you seriously expect someone to tell you when you're anon and you haven't revealed your school? ask ocs

Return to “Legal Employment�