Question about corporate law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Question about corporate law

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:15 am

T14 rising 2L here. I am trying to learn more about the specific practice area I am interested in, and was hoping that some of you knowledgeable folks on here could provide some insight.

I am mainly interested in corporate M&A work. I have a very basic idea of what the non-litigation side of this work entails (acquisitions, antitrust compliance, financing arrangements, entity selection, entity formation, partnership agreements, corporate governance, restructuring, etc.). However, when it comes down to the daily work of the lawyers in this field, I still don't have a good feel for what they actually do. I've done several informational interviews, but the responses I was given were all disappointingly vague. Obviously, 1L classes provided exactly 0 help in this regard as well.

If any of you are working in biglaw on the transactional / corporate side (it doesn't specifically have to be in M&A, but that would be preferable), could you please provide some details of what kind of assignments you work on; what you spend the majority of your time at work doing; why you chose corporate over litigation; and any other details that you think are relevant?

Anonymous User

Re: Question about corporate law

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:38 am

Oh wow not sure how I missed that one. Thanks!!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”