Off-Campus OCI - Possible to reschedule interview? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Off-Campus OCI - Possible to reschedule interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi,

I snagged an interview with SullCrom at an off-campus interviewing program. Unfortunately, it turns out I can no longer go to that off-campus interviewing program. Would it be a bad idea to try and reschedule the interview for early next month when I will be available? Or is this bad form?

Neal Patrick Harris

Bronze

Re: Off-Campus OCI - Possible to reschedule interview?

Post by Neal Patrick Harris » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi,

I snagged an interview with SullCrom at an off-campus interviewing program. Unfortunately, it turns out I can no longer go to that off-campus interviewing program. Would it be a bad idea to try and reschedule the interview for early next month when I will be available? Or is this bad form?
Why can't you go?

This is your only shot at OCI. This should be more important than most things.

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Just go to the interview.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:22 pm

hoos89 wrote:Just go to the interview.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:26 pm

They won't mind if you reschedule. There aren't that many law students out there for them to choose from.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:40 pm

I can't go to the program because it is a few hundred miles away, I am broke (I'm spending a few hundred to go to PLIP, where I have 15 interviews), I don't have any more available vacation days for my 1L internship, and it is the only interview I got at the fair (I didn't apply to many because I was unsure id be able to go).

Are these bad reasons? For what it's worth I want to do IP

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Vacation days for your 1L internship?? Are they going to give you full time employment after law school? Are they even paying you?

Put the flight on credit or something. There must be a way for you to come up with enough money until your loans come in. Sul Crom is highly unlikely to reschedule the interview. If you don't go that slot will be given to someone else, so if you want that interview you have to go to this program. You can also try to contact other firms to see if they would be interested in talking to you while you are there.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:52 pm

if this were an interview that recruiting scheduled with you after a mass mail i think it would be fine to explain the situation and reschedule or see if you can do a conference call interview at the closest office. since it's at a job fair, where the firm is likely interviewing dozens of people, i think it's highly unlikely that they'll make similar accommodations. it's a judgment call whether you truly CAN'T go. if you truly can't, you have nothing to lose by asking recruiting to reschedule, but i wouldn't have high hopes.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:01 pm

hoos89 wrote:Vacation days for your 1L internship?? Are they going to give you full time employment after law school? Are they even paying you?

Put the flight on credit or something. There must be a way for you to come up with enough money until your loans come in. Sul Crom is highly unlikely to reschedule the interview. If you don't go that slot will be given to someone else, so if you want that interview you have to go to this program. You can also try to contact other firms to see if they would be interested in talking to you while you are there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Br3v wrote:
hoos89 wrote:Vacation days for your 1L internship?? Are they going to give you full time employment after law school? Are they even paying you?

My 1L is paying me for whatever that is worth, and I have a shot at full time employment at my current job...but it isn't s 1L SA. The hesitation for me lies as much in the cost of getting to the off-campus job fair as it is the fact that the interview is for an office in a city I am less interested in (it is relevant to admit that it is unlikely I'll get an offer at SullCrom--I'm not T14, not quite top 10%, and am an unspectacular interviewer). I'd gladly take lesser biglaw in the market I'm currently in, e.g. a V100, over a V5 in a different market. With that said, your points are well taken, and it seems as though ITE it is best to take advantage of all opportunities. Any interviews are probably interviews I should make the most of. Thanks for the advice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Br3v wrote:

My 1L is paying me for whatever that is worth, and I have a shot at full time employment at my current job...but it isn't s 1L SA. The hesitation for me lies as much in the cost of getting to the off-campus job fair as it is the fact that the interview is for an office in a city I am less interested in (it is relevant to admit that it is unlikely I'll get an offer at SullCrom--I'm not T14, not quite top 10%, and am an unspectacular interviewer). I'd gladly take lesser biglaw in the market I'm currently in, e.g. a V100, over a V5 in a different market. With that said, your points are well taken, and it seems as though ITE it is best to take advantage of all opportunities. Any interviews are probably interviews I should make the most of. Thanks for the advice.
At my OCI, sullcrom gives callbacks to roughly 35% of its interviewers (CCN).

Assuming it's even half this amount, that's a pretty good chance--especially considering a callback generally equals an offer at this firm.

Up to you, though. This is a personal decision I suppose.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”