Callback Expense Q Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Expense Q

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:25 pm

So I was recently on a DC Callback (I go to UVA) and the train was sold out so I rented a car to get there because my car is a POS. I am obviously going to expense the rental car, but is it standard practice to submit the gas receipt as well since you have to fill it up before you bring it back? I just don't want to rub anyone from the firm the wrong way. FWIW, I have an offer from the firm.

ResIpsa21

Bronze

Re: Callback Expense Q

Post by ResIpsa21 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I was recently on a DC Callback (I go to UVA) and the train was sold out so I rented a car to get there because my car is a POS. I am obviously going to expense the rental car, but is it standard practice to submit the gas receipt as well since you have to fill it up before you bring it back? I just don't want to rub anyone from the firm the wrong way. FWIW, I have an offer from the firm.
Congrats on your offer -- it's crazy to me that firms are extending offers in the middle of July. Anyway, absolutely expense the gas receipt. If you were an associate there, nobody would bat an eyelash about you submitting every expense that you incurred on behalf of the firm for reimbursement. You won't rub anyone the wrong way. FWIW, I am a DC biglaw associate.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”