Bio Patent Lit Firms? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bio Patent Lit Firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Just basically struck out at Loyola PLIP going for a bio patent job. T30% at a 18-28 ranked school, 3.7 bio ugrad, 1 yr WE

Any easy way to find all the BigLaw where I might get hired in patent lit short of perusing all of the websites (which still don't make it clear in most instances)? I want to start the mass mailing now cause I know I can't count on campus OCI and scared ****less that running away to LS from my high-paying bio job was an incredibly stupid idea.

glitched

Silver

Re: Bio Patent Lit Firms?

Post by glitched » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:01 pm

Sorry to hear that. It's not over yet.

Check these out:
--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:16 pm

glitched wrote:Sorry to hear that. It's not over yet.

Check these out:
--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--
Both very helpful lists. Thanks.

Jchance

Silver

Post by Jchance » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just basically struck out at Loyola PLIP going for a bio patent job. T30% at a 18-28 ranked school, 3.7 bio ugrad, 1 yr WE

Any easy way to find all the BigLaw where I might get hired in patent lit short of perusing all of the websites (which still don't make it clear in most instances)? I want to start the mass mailing now cause I know I can't count on campus OCI and scared ****less that running away to LS from my high-paying bio job was an incredibly stupid idea.
With Bio, you would probably be best-served targeting Hatch-Waxman practice groups. Most of these are in NYC, although there are a few smaller groups and satellite folks in Chicago, Bay Area, and scattered about elsewhere. The following are firms I interviewed with that -- assuming my memory is correct -- have Hatch-Waxman practices where Bio can give you some traction. Note, some of these groups are as small as 4-5 attorneys, but I tried to rank generally from largest to smallest H-W practices:

Fitzpatrick
Paul Hastings
Frommer
Winston & Strawn
Kirkland
Paul Weiss
Sidley
McDermott
Latham
WilmerHale
Schiff Hardin
Milbank
Alston & Bird

Also, I didn't interview at the following but can confirm they have sizable H-W practices:

Kenyon
Kaye Scholer
Goodwin

There are a bunch of other firms with H-W practices but most are pretty small. Still, it's a steady practice area so you never know where you'll have luck.

FYI the GP firms will probably apply their usual law school GPA cutoffs without regard to your science background, so keep that in mind. For the boutiques (Fitzpatrick, Frommer, Kenyon) you are probably well above the GPA cutoff.

Edit to add: I just remembered that some partners recently left Fitzpatrick to start a Life Sciences group at O'Melveny so a resume there may prove fruitful as they staff up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”