3L - When to start looking?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L - When to start looking?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:16 pm

I am a rising 3L at a T14. My GPA after 1L was around a 3.1, which limited my choices although I ended up in a major market at the branch office of a V50 at market pay, which I was very happy about. My firm is known for one practice area and I thought I was interested in that area, but after a few assignments in another practice area, I find that I like the second practice area better and and my current firm does not have a strong practice in that area in this office. I brought my GPA up to a 3.5 after 2L. Should I wait to participate in the on campus recruiting for 3Ls (which I understand is limited) or try and network now since I'm currently in the market I want to end up in? Even though I'm not as interested as I thought I would be, I still want to get an offer from my current firm and have it as an option. Can I switch firms and practice areas in the same city? What's the best way to do that?

FSK

Platinum

Postby FSK » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Return to “Legal Employment�