study abroad grades Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

study abroad grades

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 13, 2014 1:00 pm

So i studied abroad on a complete pass fail scheme. Suffice to say i didnt take some of my courses that seriously. I mainly did the exchange so i could intern part time over there. Now i am worried that firm for 3l or lateral hiring will want to see my exhange grades. Also concerned about in house or compliance jobs asking for them. Anybody have experience with this? Note: i am a 3L with no jerb (but some firm and compliance interviews lined up).

EDIT: I am not worried about passing (because I have passed my classes and will pass the remaining). I am worried about passing with shitty actual letter grades with the exchange institution, and then having a potential employer request the transcript from the foreign institution.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed May 14, 2014 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

mushybrain

Bronze

Re: study abroad grades

Post by mushybrain » Tue May 13, 2014 9:33 pm

You took them so non-seriously that you managed to fail pass-fail classes? Dude...

Anonymous User

Re: study abroad grades

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 14, 2014 6:13 am

mushybrain wrote:You took them so non-seriously that you managed to fail pass-fail classes? Dude...
No, I obviously passed, or will pass, these classes (two more grades not out yet). Just not sure how bad the actual letter grade will be for some of these classes - one class the prof graded so hard he gave 60% of the class Cs for group presentations.

So I guess I should be clear: I am not worried about passing. I am worried about passing with shitty actual letter grades with the exchange institution.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”