Interesting Big Firm Rejection Letter Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
legalese_retard

Bronze

Interesting Big Firm Rejection Letter

Post by legalese_retard » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:59 am

Just received an interesting rejection letter from a big firm that I mailed my resume to. Got the standard "while you are great, we don't have a position for you" line. However, the letter closed with the recruiter telling me to call her and she can talk to me about some job leads at other firms in the area that I should qualify for.

Has anyone else received something similar from a firm before, and if so, what was the conversation like? I am definitely going to contact the firm, but was curious as to what others have experienced if they received something similar.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Interesting Big Firm Rejection Letter

Post by kalvano » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:31 am

I never got anything like that on any of my hundreds of rejection letters. Sounds legit.

nevdash

Bronze

Re: Interesting Big Firm Rejection Letter

Post by nevdash » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:17 pm

You're clerking, right? It's possible that some partner who knows your judge came across your resume during the screening process and wants to do him/her a solid.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”