1L Congressional legal internship or state appellate judge? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L Congressional legal internship or state appellate judge?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi all. I currently have been offered and accepted for the first half of my summer, big law SA, and am considering my second half plans. As of now, I have an offer from a state appellate judge, and am being considered for a Congressional legal internship in DC. Does it really make a difference at all which position I choose for the future? Upon graduation I would like to do big law litigation. Thank you for the help.

Anonymous User

Re: 1L Congressional legal internship or state appellate judge?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all. I currently have been offered and accepted for the first half of my summer, big law SA, and am considering my second half plans. As of now, I have an offer from a state appellate judge, and am being considered for a Congressional legal internship in DC. Does it really make a difference at all which position I choose for the future? Upon graduation I would like to do big law litigation. Thank you for the help.
If you have no plans on going into politics I would probably take the judge. You'll likely improve your research/writing skills more working for a judge than a Congressional internship.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”