Immigrant Justice Corps Fellowship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
oscar313

New

Immigrant Justice Corps Fellowship

Postby oscar313 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Just curious, anyone apply to the Immigrant Justice Corps fellowship?

Has anyone heard back?

jplwines

New

Re: Immigrant Justice Corps Fellowship

Postby jplwines » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:58 pm

I applied, but I haven't heard anything yet.

oscar313

New

Postby oscar313 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Anyone else

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:04 pm

I applied in early February, received an email to schedule an interview on Feb. 26, and just had my interview this morning. I will try to check this thread and see if there is any other movement. Thanks for starting the thread, I was wondering whether things were moving with this opportunity as well. Best of luck to everyone :D

oscar313

New

Postby oscar313 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I applied in early February, received an email to schedule an interview on Feb. 26, and just had my interview this morning. I will try to check this thread and see if there is any other movement. Thanks for starting the thread, I was wondering whether things were moving with this opportunity as well. Best of luck to everyone :D

Good for you! I'm assuming my application wasn't complete until the last letter of recommendation was submitted on February 18. I hope I hear from them soon. Keep us posted, hopefully you get an offer. Good luck.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:56 am

My application was considered complete as of February 21st and I have not yet heard back regarding an interview. A friend of mine had a complete application as of February 17th and also has not heard back.

Thank you to whoever started this thread as I have been anxiously checking my email for an email from IJC! For the person who was scheduled for an interview February 26th, when was your application considered "complete" ?

oscar313

New

Postby oscar313 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My application was considered complete as of February 21st and I have not yet heard back regarding an interview. A friend of mine had a complete application as of February 17th and also has not heard back.

Thank you to whoever started this thread as I have been anxiously checking my email for an email from IJC! For the person who was scheduled for an interview February 26th, when was your application considered "complete" ?

BTW, did you get an email saying your application was complete? I did not. I just assumed mine was complete on the 18th because that was the day my last letter of rec was submitted (everything else was already in).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:05 am

oscar313 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My application was considered complete as of February 21st and I have not yet heard back regarding an interview. A friend of mine had a complete application as of February 17th and also has not heard back.

BTW, did you get an email saying your application was complete? I did not. I just assumed mine was complete on the 18th because that was the day my last letter of rec was submitted (everything else was already in).

I never received an email saying that my application was "complete" although I received an email notifying me that my last letter of rec was received on February 7th. Hope that helps!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:29 pm

I applied a little late. For those of you who heard back, did you receive an e-mail or a phone call?

Thanks.

oscar313

New

Postby oscar313 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
oscar313 wrote:

I never received an email saying that my application was "complete" although I received an email notifying me that my last letter of rec was received on February 7th. Hope that helps!

Thanks. Hopefully, we hear from them this week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:44 pm

do they ask for transcripts?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:35 am

Intel: only ten has been asked in the first round. They anticipate on calling 40 more. So don't panic.

Gosh this is my dream job I really hope I can get it. Good luck to everyone!

oscar313

New

Postby oscar313 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Intel: only ten has been asked in the first round. They anticipate on calling 40 more. So don't panic.

Where is this information coming from?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:49 pm

oscar313 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
oscar313 wrote:

Thanks. Hopefully, we hear from them this week.

I did not receive any confirmation except when my letters were all submitted. I emailed IJC to make sure my application was complete and they told me once all three letters are in, the application is 100% complete.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:do they ask for transcripts?

Not yet, but perhaps when/if one is contacted for an interview they might.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:52 pm

oscar313 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I applied in early February, received an email to schedule an interview on Feb. 26, and just had my interview this morning. I will try to check this thread and see if there is any other movement. Thanks for starting the thread, I was wondering whether things were moving with this opportunity as well. Best of luck to everyone :D

Good for you! I'm assuming my application wasn't complete until the last letter of recommendation was submitted on February 18. I hope I hear from them soon. Keep us posted, hopefully you get an offer. Good luck.

Congrats on the interview! Did the selection committee tell you when they would be making their decision?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
oscar313 wrote:

Congrats on the interview! Did the selection committee tell you when they would be making their decision?

The interviewers said that they would be making their decision and would let me know, either way, by the end of the month.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Has anyone else received notice of interviews recently, or are they all done?

boston123

New

Postby boston123 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 pm

School rep learned today that: They are looking to have the interviews all scheduled over the coming week and they plan to complete the interviews by the end of March.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:22 pm

boston123 wrote:School rep learned today that: They are looking to have the interviews all scheduled over the coming week and they plan to complete the interviews by the end of March.

Do you know if they have selected the candidates already and they are just waiting to schedule them for an interview? Or are they still selecting candidates?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Anyone heard back about interviews this week? I keep checking my email...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:54 am

I applied in late February, and also haven't heard anything. I wonder if they are just behind or if people have actually been contacted for interviews.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:24 pm

I only know of 1-2 people who have been called for interviews.

The first is 2013 grad who submitted their application fairly early in the process.
The other, who I heard of through a friend, is a 3L and submitted very late in the process.

I'm not sure what that tells anyone about how any of this is happening, but just wanted to share what I know as I know the whole thing is making me very anxious. Any other feedback about when is the latest they will contact people, etc. would be very much appreciated!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:42 pm

I should clarify on that last comment:

The 2013 grad heard back Thursday and submitted within the first two weeks of Feb. The 3L also heard back Wed/Thur and applied the last week. I'm not really sure what that indicates-- if they have already reviewed all applications and are calling in order of who they think is the most qualified or they are simply at the tail end. Hope that brings someone some clarity, peace of mind. I hope someone else has any feedback because my news/update was not reassuring to me, at all.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Do you have an idea of what kind of credentials they had? i.e. Clerkships? Extensive experience? Top law school or class rank? Thanks so much for your post!

Return to “Legal Employment?