Summer Housing in Washington DC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
tonidee

Summer Housing in Washington DC

Postby tonidee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Any thoughts on the best way to find summer housing? Any local schools with summer housing options?

jessuf

Re: Summer Housing in Washington DC

Postby jessuf » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:40 pm

GULC has summer housing. I'm sure the other law schools do too.

eaternation

Postby eaternation » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Has anyone started a summer housinge/swap thread yet? I remember seeing them in previous years.

tonidee

Postby tonidee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:41 am

Any thoughts on GWU's housing? I've heard mixed reviews.

gfunk01

Postby gfunk01 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:55 pm

I stayed at Catholic U, and my sis stayed at GW. The choice generally was mainly due to scheduling, since they were available at different times. If you have the ability to choose, go by neighborhood. Catholic U wasn't bad in itself, but there isn't really anything out there. GW's neighborhood is a bit more centrally located and lively.

transferror

Postby transferror » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:31 pm

eaternation wrote:Has anyone started a summer housinge/swap thread yet? I remember seeing them in previous years.

The end of the thread is current.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=177638&start=175

tonidee

Postby tonidee » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:15 pm

My inquiry was about the quality of the GWU housing, but I was able to secure something in another neighborhood. Thanks for the suggestions.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:43 pm

tonidee wrote:My inquiry was about the quality of the GWU housing, but I was able to secure something in another neighborhood. Thanks for the suggestions.

For future reference: GW dorms are hit or miss. The newer buildings are generally pretty nice relative to other dorms, but they are still college dorms. The rates are pretty high, but they at least give you a lot of flexibility in terms of move in/out. Most of the other people in the buildings will probably college interns of some sort, not a ton of graduate students. You will basically have to deal with living like a college student again. One plus was that the places weren't entirely full when I was there, so it was a bit quieter than expected.

I would make a best attempt to find something else before resorting to GW dorms. Foggy Bottom kind of sucks as a neighborhood and the dorms aren't a great value.

Some of the bigger DC firms have a sublet list that they circulate before the summer so try to find someone with that for more options than just Craigslist.

Return to “Legal Employment”