DoD Internship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rtb2008x

New

DoD Internship

Post by rtb2008x » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Anyone hear back yet from the DoD General Counsel internship for this summer??

Anonymous User

Re: DoD Internship

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Wondering the same thing. I applied and didn't even get a confirmation email. Sent all my things in on 2/4. The deadline was 2/14 so I'm assuming they are just getting into the review process (of a few hundred applications). It does say on the site that those contacted for interviews will be altered before the end of March.

Here's to more waiting!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:47 pm

The interview process has to start soon, right? I mean with that "all decisions made by end of March" quote!!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:35 pm

They asked me for my undergrad transcript about two weeks ago. They told me final determinations would be made by the end of March. Are there even interviews for the position??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They asked me for my undergrad transcript about two weeks ago. They told me final determinations would be made by the end of March. Are there even interviews for the position??
That's interesting that you heard back at all for that. I supplied my undergrad transcript initially, since I'm a 1L. I would imagine they get a few hundred applications so how else would they determine who is most qualified without interviewing them?

No experience with this so, you could be right.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Anyone heard anything yet?

rtb2008x

New

Post by rtb2008x » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything yet?
Nope. I'm thinking at this point they've either hired someone, or have decided not to hire anyone.

afangel804

New

Post by afangel804 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:34 am

On Feb. 27, I was asked for an undergraduate transcript as well. The person I was corresponding with said "the board should have the results by the end of this month". Maybe there's still hope?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:15 am

afangel804 wrote:On Feb. 27, I was asked for an undergraduate transcript as well. The person I was corresponding with said "the board should have the results by the end of this month". Maybe there's still hope?
Maybe?!?!!?!?! I've already accepted a position with another government agency but I think I'd trade it in for the DOD.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
afangel804 wrote:On Feb. 27, I was asked for an undergraduate transcript as well. The person I was corresponding with said "the board should have the results by the end of this month". Maybe there's still hope?
Maybe?!?!!?!?! I've already accepted a position with another government agency but I think I'd trade it in for the DOD.

Haha.. they told me "at the end of the month" as well. I'm assuming it's a no go at this point… only about 5 days left - and that's assuming there's no interview.

afangel804

New

Post by afangel804 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:38 pm

When I was trying to research the position, I ran across a job posting (one from a previous year, however) that said there was no interview and selections were made just off the submitted packages. I am still holding out hope, as this was my top choice :-/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:23 pm

afangel804 wrote:When I was trying to research the position, I ran across a job posting (one from a previous year, however) that said there was no interview and selections were made just off the submitted packages. I am still holding out hope, as this was my top choice :-/

Haha same here. Maybe they will accept both of us =)

afangel804

New

Post by afangel804 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:43 am

I called the HR lady last Monday and she said the board was still deciding on selections and that they would know by the end of the week (last week) or early next week (which is now).

Anyone heard anything? I don't like this wait-or-accept something else limbo.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:20 am

afangel804 wrote:I called the HR lady last Monday and she said the board was still deciding on selections and that they would know by the end of the week (last week) or early next week (which is now).

Still have not heard. I've given up hope. It would be an incredible shock to my system at this point...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
afangel804 wrote:I called the HR lady last Monday and she said the board was still deciding on selections and that they would know by the end of the week (last week) or early next week (which is now).

Still have not heard. I've given up hope. It would be an incredible shock to my system at this point...

Same here. Nothing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:14 pm

I received a "send your fuckin undergrad transcripts" email back in february - but yet no reply.

I, too, would love to have this position but c'est la vie

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Called HR. Got vague-ass answer about selections having been made and notifications maybe going out today or Monday...maybe...or maybe not...or maybe...ad infinitum.

In the words of Jonah Hill...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yxRfyxJMcM

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Called HR. Got vague-ass answer about selections having been made and notifications maybe going out today or Monday...maybe...or maybe not...or maybe...ad infinitum.

In the words of Jonah Hill...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yxRfyxJMcM
Any indication how many would be hired? This has gotten ridiculous too...

afangel804

New

Post by afangel804 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:10 am

I don't like being the bearer of bad news but according to HR, all of those selected have been notified or left a voice mail if they couldn't be reached. Notifications went out last Friday. She said rejection e-mails will come out in the next week.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”