NY AG Office Internships

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY AG Office Internships

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Anyone heard anything back about interviews? I know the deadline isn't until the end of February, but the program info says applications are considered on a rolling basis...has it been radio silence for everyone else?

Anonymous User

Re: NY AG Office Internships

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:08 am

A friend has an offer from the NY AG's litigation office, and I know someone who interviewed with Antitrust.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:18 pm

I think it depends on the division. I had an interview with one, and he asked me if any of the others on my list had contacted me. Somebody else from a different division asked to set up an interview about 2 weeks after the initial request. So I definitely think interview offers are not done.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:03 am

Have an offer from one of the divisions in Manhattan that I'm taking. Not sure how many that bureau takes, so I don't want to name it at risk of outing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 pm

If you have been rejected from one bureau post interview, can you still get a job with a different bureau?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:29 pm

^
Not totally sure, but I'm 99% certain that I bombed out on an interview with one bureau, and I got an invite for an in person interview with another one basically the next day. From what I can tell, they have completely different hiring groups. Hope that helps.

Return to “Legal Employment”