Ausley McMullen (Tallahassee)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Ausley McMullen (Tallahassee)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Anybody know anything about this firm? I interviewed last week for a 1L law clerk gig. They've got some pretty cool partners, lots of former judges and politicians. I'm a T14 bro looking to go back to Tally and this seems like it's one of the respectable non-NALP firms in town. Anybody have experience with them?

Anonymous User

Re: Ausley McMullen (Tallahassee)

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:41 am

Also had an interview here, doesn't seem like many associates at all kind of makes me feel like they don't hire the clerks? But agreed looks very interesting.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:Also had an interview here, doesn't seem like many associates at all kind of makes me feel like they don't hire the clerks? But agreed looks very interesting.

OP. Yeah, barely any. I'd be wary of spending 2L summer there for that reason, but for 1L summer it looks great.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:19 pm

OP. Also, it sucks that we won't get a decision until halfway through March. That's late and risky for us.

Anybody happen to know the starting salary of the lucky few associates there?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP. Also, it sucks that we won't get a decision until halfway through March. That's late and risky for us.

I believe associates start in the $70k range if I remember correctly. You are right that they aren't always able to hire the clerks, it depends a lot on the year. (I have a family member that works there and have worked there as a runner before).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP. Also, it sucks that we won't get a decision until halfway through March. That's late and risky for us.

I believe associates start in the $70k range if I remember correctly. You are right that they aren't always able to hire the clerks, it depends a lot on the year. (I have a family member that works there and have worked there as a runner before).

Thank you for this info! No other way to get it than to know somebody, so I appreciate your posting. That puts them about here on the salary totem pole in Tally.

110k - Foley & Lardner
95k - Akerman
90k - Holland & Knight
75k - Ausley McMullen

ETA: Maybe we could turn this into a Tallahassee thread and fill in the rest of that with the other mid-size, non-NALP firms in town. Greenberg, Hopping, etc.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you for this info! No other way to get it than to know somebody, so I appreciate your posting. That puts them about here on the salary totem pole in Tally.

110k - Foley & Lardner
95k - Akerman
90k - Holland & Knight
75k - Ausley McMullen

ETA: Maybe we could turn this into a Tallahassee thread and fill in the rest of that with the other mid-size, non-NALP firms in town. Greenberg, Hopping, etc.

No problem. That's probably +/- $10k since that data is from 1-2 years ago. Unfortunately I can't speak to the other Tally firms.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:10 am

Others I can provide some idea of starting salary:

Hopping Green & Sams - Probably in the 70K range.

Ausley - 70-80K

Greenberg - 100K

GrayRobinson - 90K... I think

Holland & Knight - 90K

Return to “Legal Employment”