1L Law Firm Intern

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L Law Firm Intern

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:38 am

Ok, so I am 1.7 through the year and in the top 20%.

I scored a payed internship at a pretty big law firm in the area. I just have a couple questions for anyone who has been down this road:

(1) How serious should I be taking this internship when the time comes (due to being an 1L)?
(2) What will be expected of me? (for ex., should I start learning the state law NOW or do they know I have no idea what the state law is, etc, etc)
(3) Do 1L's interning for a summer at a law firm guarantee any kind of a job there in the future (if you do very well)?

I am excited for this opportunity but nervous at the same time. I got the Congrats email from them; however, I haven't heard much of what I will actually be doing yet.

Thanks guys.

Re: 1L Law Firm Intern

Postby brotherdarkness » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:29 am

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eastcoast_iub » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:50 am

Being at a 1.7 and in the top 20% can only mean one thing: you are at Cooley. You should be really proud of getting a "payed" legal job of any kid during your 1L summer. Congrats!

Postby cinephile » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:57 am

Can't you find the 1L offer rate on NALP?

But yeah, don't worry about not knowing anything. That's normal.

Good luck and please take things seriously!

Return to “Legal Employment”