Interview Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interview Question

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Have an interview with a federal judge coming up. This particular judge has a reputation for hiring his former interns as clerks. Is this a reason that I can voice for "why this judge?" In addition to other reasons, of course.

ph14

Re: Interview Question

Postby ph14 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have an interview with a federal judge coming up. This particular judge has a reputation for hiring his former interns as clerks. Is this a reason that I can voice for "why this judge?" In addition to other reasons, of course.

Hmm, just my gut feeling is that comes off as too instrumental. I'm assuming you are interviewing for a 1L internship position? You could try and phrase it more like the interns must have really enjoyed working for you if they came back as clerks. Something along those lines, though maybe not exactly like that.

Return to “Legal Employment”