Interview Scheduling Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interview Scheduling Question

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi all,

I found out that a mid-law firm that posted on symplicity started callbacks, etc. and I didn't receive an interview, so I wrote to a senior partner that went to my school re-expressing interest in that firm.

He replied: "Congrats on your stellar record. We would be happy to interview you. When you are here, stop by and say hi. Sincerely, Partner."

I, used to the biglaw hr coordinator, replied "Thank you. I will be sure to do so."

Now, I am thinking I should have asked how to schedule the interview. I automatically assumed that he would contact HR to schedule it. This is the only interview I (potentially) have coming up, so I wouldn't like to pass it up.

Thoughts? Advice? Thanks.

iliketurtles123

Re: Interview Scheduling Question

Postby iliketurtles123 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:44 am

From a third party perspective...
I would email the hiring coordinator and explain. Otherwise, call and explain if that makes you feel better (since emails can be slow).

Say that you received an email(?) from the partner saying they want to interview you. Then say that you are interested in interviewing with them but you were unsure of who to contact to schedule an interview.

maybe someone else can weigh in on this but that's what i would do.

Return to “Legal Employment”