NYC Summer Housing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
klm550

NYC Summer Housing

Postby klm550 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:13 pm

I just landed an internship in NYC this summer and am looking for housing. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about getting a place to live? I've looked at NYU Law housing but it seems pretty expensive and I'm not sure if it would be too late if I applied now. Is my other best bet to stalk Craigslist and hope to find a sublet?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: NYC Summer Housing

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:42 pm

klm550 wrote:I just landed an internship in NYC this summer and am looking for housing. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about getting a place to live? I've looked at NYU Law housing but it seems pretty expensive and I'm not sure if it would be too late if I applied now. Is my other best bet to stalk Craigslist and hope to find a sublet?

Thanks!

I stayed at 92y last summer and loved it. super close to lots of stuff.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 pm

SVA dorms. I stayed there for my summer and it was great. No frills but very low cost and about a 30 minute walk to midtown, subway was just a couple blocks away. Good nightlife along 3rd ave and union square is close by too. Don't pay for the "larger" room, they vary wildly and the small rooms are no different that I could tell.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm also looking for housing but I'd like to live with my friend. Does anyone have any experience subletting a 2 bedroom during the summer?

Return to “Legal Employment”