1L Diversity SA finalist

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L Diversity SA finalist

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:42 pm

I have an interview as a finalist for a market paying boutique in a secondary market. It's a diversity posting. Does anyone have any idea how many finalists are interviews? There was no screener - you go straight to last round. Should I expect it will be a handful or a large number, like 15-20?

Re: 1L Diversity SA finalist

Postby 2014 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:07 pm

There is no norm, going straight to last round probably skews it a little higher than the CB:Offer ratios that start with a screener. The boutique thing might skew it a little lower since they don't have the headcount to put too many people on the interview circuit simultaneously. I interviewed with a firm my 1L year that said they were interviewing 12 people for 1 1L spot and I have no reason to think that isn't roughly average, so if I had to pull a number out of my ass it would be 10ish finalists.

That all being said, it could very well be 3 people, it could be 20, ultimately it doesn't matter. Your chances are tangible but not great and you should both do your best in this interview and continue to pursue other opportunities.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:50 pm

TOTALLY depends on the firm. No helpful broad generalizations can be made.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:48 pm

thanks, everyone! hoping for the best!

Return to “Legal Employment”