Pre-Law School employment Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ArundelSt

New

Pre-Law School employment

Post by ArundelSt » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:43 pm

0L here, I have all of my applications in and I am currently between jobs (not fired or anything like that, worked previously as a paralegal for an NYC boutique firm and abroad doing marketing) with an awkward amount of time until law school begins in August. In terms of hiring later on (OCI etc) does it matter what I do over the next six months ? I.e. Will it give me an advantage to go work for a law firm, volunteer at legal aid, or a PD office or something like that? Or will it put me at a disadvantage to go hike the Appalachian trail or work on an organic farm in Oregon or something along those lines ? Any advice is appreciated and if this is the wrong forum I apologize in advance.

Nova

Platinum

Re: Pre-Law School employment

Post by Nova » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:47 pm

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Doings something legally related couldn't hurt. It also wouldn't necessarily help.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:49 pm

Nova wrote:6 month resume gaps are not good

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=189981
Yep, wrong forum.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”