Is it possible to land a firm job after PI 2L summer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Is it possible to land a firm job after PI 2L summer?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:57 pm

I have an offer for a PI position this summer. PI isn't REALLY what I want to do, but I think it's really too late now to try to get anything else. Last summer I had a judicial internship.

Just wondering if it's possible to obtain a post-grad private firm job with this sort of all-over resume and how exactly to explain it to employers other than the truth which is that I couldn't get anything else for 2L summer. (I have median-to-below grades and LR).

I really do think this PI position sounds like it will be a very rewarding and interesting experience, and I would be more inclined to pursue a full-time PI position but I want to be able to pay back my loans and make a living.

gulcregret

Re: Is it possible to land a firm job after PI 2L summer?

Postby gulcregret » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:09 pm

If you have great academic credentials, you can get a firm job. My good friend was all about PI and that's all he wanted to do until he had a child and realized he needed money. He did PI before LS and during 1L/2L summers. He was on law review and cum laude, though. He's at a V5 in NYC now. Hates it but is supporting his family.

UnfrozenCaveman

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:37 pm

How's your school's LRAP?

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:38 pm

I see tons of 2L SA postings on my Symplicity still.

Return to “Legal Employment”