NY Character Affidavit

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY Character Affidavit

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:30 pm

The good moral character affidavit for C&F says that one should "preferably" be filled out by an attorney in good standing. Has anyone had experience turning in two by non-attorneys? The fact that it's preferable suggests to me that it wouldn't be a problem if everything else was in order, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has done this.

NinerFan

Re: NY Character Affidavit

Postby NinerFan » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The good moral character affidavit for C&F says that one should "preferably" be filled out by an attorney in good standing. Has anyone had experience turning in two by non-attorneys? The fact that it's preferable suggests to me that it wouldn't be a problem if everything else was in order, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has done this.

Doesn't matter. Both of mine were written by non-NY law school friends.

Return to “Legal Employment”