Benefit of note if (1) corp and (2) no journal?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Worth it to try for note?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 8

Anonymous User

Benefit of note if (1) corp and (2) no journal?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:23 pm

T14 3L going into corporate at V15 with a strong transactional practice.

Aced Commercial Paper & secured. Then became an RA for SCOTUS clerkprof during the semester. He said he'd be willing to co-wrote a note on a suggestion to a small part of Article 9.

I'm not a journal. But any career or other benefit from publishing, assuming it even gets accepted? Since I'm not going into lit and I'm not even on a secondary journal, I was wondering if it's even worth the work. Thank you for any imput!

UnderrateOverachieve

Re: Benefit of note if (1) corp and (2) no journal?

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:T14 3L going into corporate at V15 with a strong transactional practice.

Aced Commercial Paper & secured. Then became an RA for SCOTUS clerkprof during the semester. He said he'd be willing to co-wrote a note on a suggestion to a small part of Article 9.

I'm not a journal. But any career or other benefit from publishing, assuming it even gets accepted? Since I'm not going into lit and I'm not even on a secondary journal, I was wondering if it's even worth the work. Thank you for any imput!

It sounds like an amazing opportunity. I would consider doing it for that reason alone. If you are just thinking of getting a resume line I would pass, but if any part of you has a true interest in it, go for it!

itbdvorm

Postby itbdvorm » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:11 pm

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:T14 3L going into corporate at V15 with a strong transactional practice.

It sounds like an amazing opportunity. I would consider doing it for that reason alone. If you are just thinking of getting a resume line I would pass, but if any part of you has a true interest in it, go for it!

clients like hiring lawyers who know the cutting edge of law. you definitely should.

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:37 pm

itbdvorm wrote:

clients like hiring lawyers who know the cutting edge of law. you definitely should.

^--- this guy literally is TCR

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:12 am

itbdvorm wrote:

^--- this guy literally is TCR

Yup.

Return to “Legal Employment”