Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Any word on whether they give rolling offers or wait until the end?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am

I'm curious about that, too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am

I'm curious about that, too.

cashman_11

New

Post by cashman_11 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:06 pm

I've been following this thread for a while. I was offered an interview a couple days ago for the end of August.

It looks like, based on past posts in the thread, they extend offers towards the end of interviews rather than give rolling offers. (But, based upon past posts, it looks like the USPTO has undergone a lot of change in recent years so that may have changed too).

Good luck everyone!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 pm

If you did not receive an interview invitation yet, should we be worried? I know they only began extending offers a couple days ago, and that invitations are released staggered, but I am curious whether I should begin seeking other options...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 pm

That is hard to say. I absolutely wouldn't lose hope yet, as it is staggered.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Anyone else nervous to interview? I am.

cashman_11

New

Post by cashman_11 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm

I'm a little nervous, but I read through this thread and felt a little better. It would appear that in the past the interview is separated into two parts, with a panel of attorneys (7-10 each) for each part. The first panel is more focused on what the job is and the second panel assumes you understand the job. (Each is approximately 30-40 minutes). Apparently they changed the process a couple years ago and this interview should be the only one, instead of the old 2-3 rounds. (Again, all based on prior posts, I have no personal knowledge other than what I read)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 am

Cashman, when's your interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:39 am

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 am

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am

Hello all. I just wanted to take a second to wish everyone the best of luck who are set to interview. After reviewing the forum, it seems as though they are truly looking for folks who can push out quality work, in a time pressured environment. A lot of individuals on the forum have expressed that the panels have asked them how they were going to be able to make weekly assignments, take criticism, and but all do so while pushing out good work. Also, it seems as though the less experience you have...that it actually might work in your favor. They want people they can groom for the long haul, rather than folks who want to use this position as a stepping stone to a firm job (which is a whole different discussion in itself). I'd say-- go in there confident, pull prior experiences that show you can handle that sort of environment, and prove to them that after the initial probationary period is over (2 years I believe), that you aren't going to just jet for a "bigger" opportunity elsewhere.

I still have not received an offer to interview, but I will still hold out hope. I just wanted to be positive and productive, and wish you all the best, and share the things I have been able to gather from watching this very useful forum.

Cheers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:34 am

My interview is scheduled for Aug 20th

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Did anyone get anymore interview invites?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 pm

No news here.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:44 pm

Looks like all interview requests have been sent out.

Do we know if interview dates are distributed alphabetically, by quality of applicant, or by any other factor? Could always be random, just curious.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Not sure. It could be by timing of writing sample, but anecdotally that is not true. So could be alphabetical. But this is govt. We might be overanalyzing and it's just how it got organized.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:Not sure. It could be by timing of writing sample, but anecdotally that is not true. So could be alphabetical. But this is govt. We might be overanalyzing and it's just how it got organized.
I don't think it's the timing of the writing sample since I submitted on the day of the deadline and just a few hours before the cut off and got my interview request last week. I don't think it's alphabetical since my last name is N. But I think you're right, it could be just how it is organized. :|

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not sure. It could be by timing of writing sample, but anecdotally that is not true. So could be alphabetical. But this is govt. We might be overanalyzing and it's just how it got organized.
I don't think it's the timing of the writing sample since I submitted on the day of the deadline and just a few hours before the cut off and got my interview request last week. I don't think it's alphabetical since my last name is N. But I think you're right, it could be just how it is organized. :|
We were talking about interview dates being alphabetical, not when interview requests were made.

My last name is very early in the alphabet, and my interview date is significantly earlier than than those of two others I know who received interviews, and their last names come much later in the alphabet.

Also, they're hiring at least 80 for the fiscal year. Since there are only two hiring dates for this posting, I'm guessing it'll be 40 this time, and another 40 from a posting made this fall. But I'd be *very* happy if they were hiring all 80 from this round.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
We were talking about interview dates being alphabetical, not when interview requests were made.

My last name is very early in the alphabet, and my interview date is significantly earlier than than those of two others I know who received interviews, and their last names come much later in the alphabet.

Also, they're hiring at least 80 for the fiscal year. Since there are only two hiring dates for this posting, I'm guessing it'll be 40 this time, and another 40 from a posting made this fall. But I'd be *very* happy if they were hiring all 80 from this round.
How early is your interview date? Mine is next week ... if yours is earlier, care to give us a heads up? :lol:

Interesting on how much they're anticipating to hire. I agree, hope they are hiring all 80 in this pool.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote: How early is your interview date? Mine is next week ... if yours is earlier, care to give us a heads up? :lol:

Interesting on how much they're anticipating to hire. I agree, hope they are hiring all 80 in this pool.
Aug 20th!

I think someone mentioned an interview this week but don't remember for sure.

We'll see! My fingers are crossed

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cashman_11

New

Post by cashman_11 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

It's definitely not alphabetical. My last name is at the beginning of the alphabet and yet I'm interviewing at the end of this month. I also sent in my writing sample the day after the request was made (I got a request around the middle), so I don't think it's based on that order either.

It would seem that in years past they hire from the same pool, just from the posts on here.

Good luck everyone!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:45 am

Anyone interview yet???

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Bumpity Bump!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:28 am

Around 800 people applied and there are now around 160 candidates being interviewed to fill up 50 spots (25 start in October 2018 and 25 in Jan 2019). Someone on this thread said they were filling 80 spots but that is not the info I have. May be the 30 other spots are for trademark law clerk position. In any case, the interview started on Monday August 13, 2018 and it is being conducted by a panel of around 6 interviewers. Unlike in the past, there won't be second or third interview. Those who are selected will likely be offered the position around end of September. Good luck everyone!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”