Judicial Internship - Middle District of Florida

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Judicial Internship - Middle District of Florida

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:04 pm

I was recently offered an internship with district court judge on the middle district of Florida without an interview and without grades from a lower T14. I have strong ties to the local market. Should I be worried that it was that easy to get an offer? Will this look significantly worse than an internship on the DC district court or SDNY? Obviously, those are more prestigious but I generally thought a federal district court internship was a federal district court internship. I was looking for a judicial internship and would be happy going back to my local market for the summer. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I accept. Thanks.

Re: Judicial Internship - Middle District of Florida

Postby Nelson » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:10 pm

It doesn't matter what you're doing for 1L summer. Employers won't care one way or the other as long as it's legal.

For actual clerkships, competitiveness has more to do with the attractiveness of the location and the individual judge, not the district.

Return to “Legal Employment”