Back to back to back job interviews at "job fair" event Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
girlrunning

New

Back to back to back job interviews at "job fair" event

Post by girlrunning » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:14 pm

Any advice for back to back interviews at a job fair set-up interview event? I've made cheat sheets about the firms, but I'm worried about keeping everything separately in my head--it sounds like we move from room to room based on the closeness of the times. All of my top choices are clustered within the same time frame.

I'm also worried about not being equally excited or on point for each firm, particularly because I have back to backs again much later that same day.

I'm a 1L/K-JD and new to this game, any tips would be wonderful.

patogordo

Gold

Re: Back to back to back job interviews at "job fair" event

Post by patogordo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:26 pm

I think I did 9 or 10 in a row one day at PLIP. It sucks but what are you gonna do, drop an interview? That's dumb. I (read: my wife) made separate folders for each firm with the relevant docs they wanted and a note card on front with some notes about the firm and interviewer to jog my memory before I went in. Most interviews are basically the same so it's not as bad as you think.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”