Waiting for response

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Waiting for response

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 pm

When you e-mail partners/associates at boutique firms, how long do they usually take to respond? I sent one two days ago inquiring about a summer internship but haven't received a response yet. Do they take their time?

Anonymous User

Re: Waiting for response

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When you e-mail partners/associates at boutique firms, how long do they usually take to respond? I sent one two days ago inquiring about a summer internship but haven't received a response yet. Do they take their time?

I usually find that the immediate responses are ones that are not hiring. It's ranged from days to months for hearing back for me (and of course the ones that ignore you forever).

horriblegb

Re: Waiting for response

Postby horriblegb » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When you e-mail partners/associates at boutique firms, how long do they usually take to respond? I sent one two days ago inquiring about a summer internship but haven't received a response yet. Do they take their time?

depending on your jurisdiction, many will just not reply

Return to “Legal Employment”