Side jobs Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Side jobs

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Hey guys, I'm a 2L attending with full price. My family ran into some financial trouble recently and I was wondering if you guys run any side jobs to alleviate the cost. Something that helps pay for rent even would help a lot.

Pokemon

Gold

Re: Side jobs

Post by Pokemon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys, I'm a 2L attending with full price. My family ran into some financial trouble recently and I was wondering if you guys run any side jobs to alleviate the cost. Something that helps pay for rent even would help a lot.

Do you have a job? Which school are you at? Scholarship, loans, family paying? Provide us more info. Hopefully things turn out ok with the financial trouble since law school as it is can be stressful.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:25 am

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durkheim

New

Post by Durkheim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys, I'm a 2L attending with full price. My family ran into some financial trouble recently and I was wondering if you guys run any side jobs to alleviate the cost. Something that helps pay for rent even would help a lot.
Every law school has at least one unprivileged professor who had to work through law school. Find them. Chances are they will help you. If all else fails, talk with your Dean of Students or FAO.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:28 am

Standardized test or HS/college subject tutoring is TCR. Second tier options are bartender/waiter/server at higher-priced restaurants, catering companies, or in house catering departments.

Research assistantships or hourly work at a small local firm may also be good if you can get either.

My .02

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”