mistake on unofficial transcript

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

mistake on unofficial transcript

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi all, I recently applied to a few firms and financial institutions for full time positions and just realized that I made a mistake on my unofficial transcript for my last semester grades(the ones you fill in for yourself), I accidentally put down an A for a course instead of A-. The final GPA on my transcript is still correct and so is the GPA shown on my resume, I just forgot to put the "-" sign when I was updating....I am wondering if you guys know what I should do? And advice would be greatly appreciated.

thesealocust

Re: mistake on unofficial transcript

Postby thesealocust » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:20 pm

That's kind of a catastrophe. You should send a letter explaining and include and update to every firm ASAP, because the alternative if it comes out after you accept a position could be very ugly.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 pm

thesealocust wrote:That's kind of a catastrophe. You should send a letter explaining and include and update to every firm ASAP, because the alternative if it comes out after you accept a position could be very ugly.

Agreed. You don't have "options" to choose from here. You need to send them an email explaining the mistake and including an updated transcript immediately.

schweitziro

Postby schweitziro » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Wouldn't say catastrophe since he had the correct gpa. E-mail with correct transcript and statement that your gpa and rank are not effected by this correction should be included.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:17 pm

OP here - wow thanks for the replies, good thing I asked you guys, can't believe some of my friends told me to just ignore it....

tachikara

Postby tachikara » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Don't ignore it, you could possibly be expelled. You might even want to talk to the Dean in this situation, but I'm not sure...

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/01/harvard- ... anscripts/

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Ok, thanks guys, I'm going to notify them right away.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Different poster here: I have a similar question and didn't want to clutter the forum with threads.

I've just realized I sent out a half dozen resumes with an incorrect UGPA due to poor editing (3.34 instead of 3.324). I assume this is less of an issue, but if I am incorrect, I will get notifying/withdrawing my apps. I only recently decided to start including either GPA on my resume, so the vast majority of my apps won't be affected.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Different poster here: I have a similar question and didn't want to clutter the forum with threads.

I've just realized I sent out a half dozen resumes with an incorrect UGPA due to poor editing (3.34 instead of 3.324). I assume this is less of an issue, but if I am incorrect, I will get notifying/withdrawing my apps. I only recently decided to start including either GPA on my resume, so the vast majority of my apps won't be affected.

It's an identical issue. Your only choice is to write back to every employer who got the wrong info with the corrected info.

Return to “Legal Employment”