2L fall transcript request Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L fall transcript request

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:39 am

Note: this is not a question about whether poor 2L grades will lead to no-offer after SA.

The V50 firm I will be SAing with has requested my 2L fall transcript. My 2L fall grades were utter shit (~2.8 GPA, at T20). Do firms ever renege summer offers due to abysmal 2L fall grades (before SA even begins)?

Anonymous User

Re: 2L fall transcript request

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm

I doubt they would cancel your SA position before the summer even started. Never heard of that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Also never heard of a firm firing someone before they even started their SA. My firm asks for regular transcript updates, but from what I've gathered it's more to make sure that you're still in law school than anything else.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Bump. I'm in the same boat as the OP. The first couple replies were very reassuring. Would be great to hear from someone who has first-hand information.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:28 pm

My grades took a complete nosedive this past semester too. I'm heading to V50 this summer. I don't know what I was thinking. Now I can look forward to gunning second semester 2L year for A's, and if it's an issue, hope I can convince it was an aberration. Oh well, nothing we can do but gun this semester and bust ass during the summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:21 pm

It would be great if someone with firsthand experience can speak to what happens in this situation. Can anyone who has been in this situation before -- i.e., summer offer in hand, fall grades take a nosedive -- confirm that his/her summer offer was not revoked as a result?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:27 pm

OP here.

Sent in my shitty 2L fall transcript last week (A, B, B-, C+; was lucky to get A in my last class to pull up semester GPA to 3.08). The firm still has not revoked my SA offer yet. So I live to fight another day. LOL.

For others in the same boat (shit 2L fall grades), I've concluded after exhaustive research that the TLS consensus is

1) Do your best in spring semester classes
2) Do your best in summer SA
3) If your work product sucks, grades may be cited as pretextual reason for no-offer
4) But otherwise, just take a deep breath

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”