Any internships worth it in my position?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any internships worth it in my position?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:58 am

2L looking to 3L year. Currently top 10%, Law Review, Federal Judicial Externship, Summer Associate...

Are there any positions that would be worth applying to for 3L, or should I just focus on doing my best to round off my last year? If it helps, my SA office does not have a 100% offer rate. It is probably closer to 85%. They are well known for their culture at the office and have dinged people for not being very social.

Thanks guys!

gdane

Re: Any internships worth it in my position?

Postby gdane » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:55 pm

What else would you like to do? Are you at all interested in prosecution or defending criminals? If so, I'd say intern at a prosecutors or public defenders office.

Just figure out what you like and go from there. Explore other things, if anything just for fun.

Anonymous User

Re: Any internships worth it in my position?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:11 pm

gdane wrote:What else would you like to do? Are you at all interested in prosecution or defending criminals? If so, I'd say intern at a prosecutors or public defenders office.

Just figure out what you like and go from there. Explore other things, if anything just for fun.

Anything civil litigation related would probably be nice. I was considering interning with a state appellate court in my district, but I am not sure if the time is worth it.

Return to “Legal Employment”