US Attorney's Office (NY) Interview for internship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

US Attorney's Office (NY) Interview for internship

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

1L here! Have a phone interview next week. Any idea what to expect?

Also, I have applied to a number of diversity positions and, now that I've gotten 2/3 grades back, I'd like to think I have some shot at a couple interviews (2 A-'s, CCN, AA, Ivy UG, solid W/E). Who knows though....

Does anyone know how quickly the US Attorney's office gives offers/how many rounds of interviews there are? I don't want to turn down an offer if I get one, but I would like to see how the 1L SA apps pan out, especially since I'm interested in biglaw for 2L summer and beyond.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: US Attorney's Office (NY) Interview for internship

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:32 pm

I may also be interviewing so if you had your interview, I would appreciate it if you could give me a general idea of what was asked.

Thanks!

gdane

Re: US Attorney's Office (NY) Interview for internship

Postby gdane » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:38 pm

My interview was just a meet and greet. They asked me a few questions about myself, asked why I wanted to work for the office, and if I had any preference as to what division I wanted to be placed in. I got an offer three days later. Phone call and an email later on in the day with some details.

You're not interviewing for a full time paid Position. So they won't grill you or ask you hypos. Although, I did read on here that someone got a hypo, which was unusual.

Return to “Legal Employment”