Is Pennsylvania a hardass when it comes to C&F?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Is Pennsylvania a hardass when it comes to C&F?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:34 pm

NYstate wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:BUMP, any PA bar takers here? what is the hearing like?

Honestly, you need to hire a lawyer to help you with this process. Get a recommendation from the bar association. If the Dean is willing to be supportive, that should help.

intuitively, would you say that my behavior is an automatic bar in nonhardline states?

dean is willing to be supportive, but not until may 2014 :oops:

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
NYstate wrote:

Honestly, you need to hire a lawyer to help you with this process. Get a recommendation from the bar association. If the Dean is willing to be supportive, that should help.

intuitively, would you say that my behavior is an automatic bar in nonhardline states?

Hard to tell. If you can prove it was related to some medication, maybe not. I think you might get some kind of supervised status, I know they have that in New York. But at least you didn't steal.anything or commit any crimes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:48 pm

NYstate wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NYstate wrote:

Hard to tell. If you can prove it was related to some medication, maybe not. I think you might get some kind of supervised status, I know they have that in New York. But at least you didn't steal.anything or commit any crimes.

will the pro bono hours help? have accumulated 230 already (summer jerbs don't count, in that case it would be a lot more)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:03 pm

bump!

eta: i set up a free consult with a c&f att'y

Return to “Legal Employment”