US DOJ Agency and US District Attorney Office for 1L Summer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

US DOJ Agency and US District Attorney Office for 1L Summer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Aiming too high? When should I expect to hear back?

Haven't mass mailed at all yet...mainly b/c I like to tailor each cover letter. Starting to feel like I'm aiming too high/falling behind.

station4

Re: US DOJ Agency and US District Attorney Office for 1L Summer

Postby station4 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Tough to know what you mean by aiming too high without a little more context, but, in general, if you want to intern at either of those places in your 1L summer, what do you have to lose by applying? Tailor the cover letter, do a nice job on the application, and mail it off. Apply everywhere else you could possibly see yourself working too. You probably aren't behind seeing as most schools are just starting to get first semester grades back, but no reason to wait either.

Anonymous User

Re: US DOJ Agency and US District Attorney Office for 1L Summer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 pm

I know a few people who have already received (and accepted) offers for 1L US DAO positions, so you could hear back anytime if you apply.

Return to “Legal Employment”